Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Few Sayings I Like

First: It is none of your business what people think of you. I really like this one and have to often remind myself of it.

Second: Always speak the truth, speak it lovingly and always truthfully. That one can be hard at times.

Third: When one is a Christian and has dedicated his/her life to Christ, they are not perfect. However they can reflect on three things:
1} I am not what I should be.
2} I am not what I could be.
3} But I am not what I used to be.

I heard this on the radio to a pastor I try to catch every now and again when hes on. It's a truth that is both humbling and uplifting. I also heard the always speak the truth from his radio show. His name is Josh McDowell and here is his site if anyone's interested. http://www.josh.org/site/c.ddKDIMNtEqG/b.4023555/k.BE5B/Home.htm

Chros

2 comments:

Kokopelli said...

Humbling is an excellent description, Chros. Accepting Christ as our savior is a pretty easy thing to do, though I still wonder why folks think salvation has to be much harder than that. Living in Christ in our daily lives does have its struggles. Its sometimes tough spending more time with Him, dealing well with lifes annoyances, or spreading his word. I hope I didn't wonder too far off your train of thought here.

**Heidi** said...

Wish blogs had a "like" button we could hit like facebook :0) Good post!!