Tuesday, February 26, 2008

" Amazing love how can it be, that you my King would die for me Amazing love I know its true, that its my joy to honor you, in all I do I honor you"

These are some lyrics from Chris Tomlins song amazing love. I had this song in my head all day at work, which isn't a bad thing for it is a great song. So it was in my head, which got me to really thinking about the lyrics. I starting thinking of fellow Christians at work and really looking inside myself. Am I doing all things to honor Christ? To honor his sacrifice? To honor his name? We all know that his sacrifice was truly amazing love as the song says, but are we as individuals and as the church body joyed to honor him and in all we do honoring him. He honored his word to all the prophets of long ago by coming and bringing with him the love of God and salvation to all who believe. "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)

I ask all who read this to really do some self searching. When people see you out and about or in the privacy of your home are you shining that light of Christ which resides in you as a believer? Do they see a life that is lived like that as the Word instructs? "He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as he walked"( 1 John 2:6) I know that we all fall short of that perfection, however let that never to be an excuse, but a reminder of the sinners that we all are and a motivator to repentance. I see today and have seen so many times people that confess Christ and claim that they are Christians, yet they are the ones who at work tell the most vile of jokes, or are the ones bar hopping all weekend in a drunken state that they forget most of what they did or where they had been. Is this glorifying to God? Does it honor him? Now I know many are thinking that I am just being another judgmental Christian jerk. Ok then, fine, I'm guilty. I am not condemning these people, just praying for there repentance, for are they not mocking Christ by claiming him but living a completely different lifestyle than that of which he calls us. Scripture tells us not to be Christian drunkard (1 Corinthians 5:11-12) Scripture also tells us as Christians not to use filthy language (Collossians 3:8) and to abstain from foolish talk and coarse joking(called jesting in NKJV).

I know that no one except Christ is or was perfect, however if we are going to live a life that honors Him we need to have constant exposure to His Word to know the ways that are pleasing to Him. When people see you and your actions as a child of God, they should see Jesus in you. You may be the Jesus they need to see to come to God! That's really something to ponder. Amazing love was the song that got me on this amazing rambling. Wow! In short, If you are a Christian, live the Word. The church in the past and now has gotten a bad rap because so many have claimed Him but have not lived Him. I read the other day that Gandhi had once said that This Jesus I like its the Christians that scare me(that's not exact quote but gives the jist of it) Let us come together in love for one another and love for our Savior and put an end to it now.

May the love of god dwell deep, taking root within the inner most part of your souls. Live for Him, Love for Him, Honor Him, and always do all things for Him. May He protect you all today and forevermore.
C.

2 comments:

Timothy said...

Nicely put Chros, nocely pot

**Heidi** said...

Hey Chris,
Just checked out your blog...It is an interesting and much thought of point you bring up. As followers of Christ we have to try and do better every day and that is not always easy but very much worth it. It is very hard not to judge people at times for their hypocritic ways...I struggle with this and try so very hard to be non-judgemental. I myself am nowhere near perfect or even as good as I would like to be but my moto at this point in my life is "I try and do/be better each day"....Sorry I got a bit involved there but I did really enjoy your blog. Take care man and keep up the good work...people are watching and you are an awesome part of our family!