Monday, February 25, 2008

Good friends and good intentions

Today my wife received a call from our church with a request to make an elderly couple dinner and take to them tomorrow. The lady just had a surgery and our church loves doing things like this in circumstances as such. We were brought a meal every evening for an entire week when we had our recent child Emma, and I must say It was great. We didn't know who was bringing what, but at five o'clock each evening something hot and delicious arrived from one of the members. It was exciting and inspiring which is why at our last church fair we volunteered to do this when beckoned. Well, this is our first time "we got the call" and I must say me and my wife are rather excited!

I love to cook and asked if she wanted me to cook something but considering it falls on a day I have to go to my second job in the evening she said she was on it. Honestly I think she would want to do it either way, I am not a bad cook but compared next to my wife there is no contest, she wins hands down every time! My six pack abs that turned into a keg attest to this fact.

Now me and Maya my daughter have to embark on our grocery store adventure to pick up a few things we need for this meal. I had told my wife to go ahead and do it, "get out of the house for a little while" I said to her for she had taken care of our oldest who had the stomach flu today. I ended up going since it started getting late, my wife figured Maya could go to get out of the house a little while which was fine with me. So we go to the downtown store that my father in law had gotten us a gift certificate for at Christmas time.

We got in the store and were wondering around when we ran into a friend of mine whom I havent seen for awhile. It was (as I will call him) my "floor guy" and his wife. I haven't seen him since he installed my kitchen floor in August of last year and it was a pleasant surprise. Well we talked about church and God as we usually end up doing ,which is great, I love such conversations with fellow members of the Brethren. I haven't been to that store literally for years and so I asked them where to find some things and they responded that they also hardly ever frequent this store and were in the same boat as far as knowing where items could be found. They asked if I would ever care to come out and speak at there bible study on Wednesday nights, which happens to also be our church supper and study nights. I may take a Wednesday though to do that, for I adore the time, even brief encounters with this kind Spirit-filled couple.

It really got me thinking as I reflected back on the day at how Awesome God is in all His ways. I can say I would not have been at that store had it not been for the gift certificate we got at Christmas. My wife was gonna go but time got away that had me take over the task. Had it not been for this meal that we were to prepare I would not have been there at that store for that is the only reason I was going. Yet all these things fell into place that caused me to run into my "floor guy" and have a remarkable "small talk" with him and his wife. It was great to see that they are doing good and growing in the Lord every day, what joy and inspiration that brings to my heart! It brings to mind a verse that I love and turn to alot Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called to His purpose"

I hope and pray that all who read this will always see Gods hand in there lives. Even when things are going bad, be glad and rejoice in this day the Lord has made (Psalm 118:24) How hard it is to do, yet if Christ is truly in your life, you are walking in the path of repentance and obedience, there is no other thing to do but rejoice! We may not be able to rejoice in our circumstances but we , as children of the Most High, can and will always rejoice in our Redeemer whom brought forth salvation to all who believe in His Son! May God bless you all with much love and happiness always!
C.

No comments: