Wednesday, June 25, 2008

"I AM"

So I saw a spot in my study bible that tells of the "I AM" statements Jesus made, especially in the gospel of John. I figured I'd type some of them up for all of you, hopefully giving a better understanding of Jesus and who He was.

John 6:35 Jesus said to them,"I AM the bread of life; he who comes to Me will not hunger, and he who believes in Me will never thirst."

John 8:12 Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying,"I AM the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

John 10:7 So Jesus said to them again,"Truly, truly, I say to you, I AM the door of the sheep."

John 10:9 "I AM the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture."

John 10:11 "I AM the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep."

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I AM the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me."

John 15:1 "I AM the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser."

Revelation 1:17-18 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I AM the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I AM alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and Hades."

John 11:25-26 Jesus said to her,"I AM the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

My question to all is simple, what is your answer to Jesus' question in the last line of the last verse? You don't have to tell me but I ask you to look at your relationship with Christ and answer that question to yourselves honestly and openly. It's one question Jesus straight out asked Martha in the verses John 11:22-25 as well as all of us reading His word. Do you believe this? I'll end with that.

My prayer for all is that we know who Jesus was, is, and always will be. That we cast all our cares, doubt, and love on Him and His greatness. May God richly bless each and everyone of you. With love and good tidings always.
C.

No comments: