Monday, March 3, 2008

Should homosexuals be ordained?

What a subject we have here, that was brought up in my Sunday school class. It amazes me that the Methodists, the Episcopalians, and even the Presbyterians are troubled over this issue. Cant we simply read the Bible and do what it says anymore? Cant we do our best everyday to walk the path Jesus did? Why do we only recite, remember and apply the parts of the Bible we like rather then take it as Gods inspired Word profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16)

I am not a gay basher at all, but I will not sit here and say its not a sin when the Bible says it is. Many are doing that, we are taking a carnal way of thinking on the matter rather then a scriptural one. I truly invite all gays out there to come to my church or go to a church near you. That is where we all need to be for we are all sinners. Gays, liars, murderers, gossips, drunkards, drug addicts, and on and on, we all need to be in church drawing closer to our Redeemer and Savior. 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance"

That last word is the one that sticks out to me in this topic, repentance. The definition of repent is to turn away from, and repentance is a major theme in the entire Bible. God wants us to turn from our sins, he wants us to strive towards holy lives for not our glory but His, so that we might shine like stars to the world for Him. So if this is the case, why is the Church bouting over ordaining gays? It is a sin, I will get to those verses in a minute, just as drunkenness, drug addiction, compulsively lying, etc... So are we to ordain someone who drinks like crazy and will not get help? Should we not also ordain a drug addict who refuses to quit because his mom did drugs pregnant with him making him "born that way"? A bit ridiculous I know but I am merely trying to make a point. We will slip up here and there, the recovered alcoholic might take a drink here or there in a time of weakness, or likewise with the drug addict, but before they are ordained as a minister/deacon/bishop shouldn't these problems be under control and addressed? So I ask, what gives a gay person a special pass to not repent? A sins a sin to God. This day in age the church is making God out to be tolerate of sin and the Bible says quite the opposite from beginning to end. God cant and wont look at sin with favor.

Lets look at Romans 1:26-27 "For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even there women exchanged the natural for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in there lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was do." I also urge all who read this to please read 1 Timothy 3:1-13 It is the qualifications for overseers/bishops and deacons a few are blameless, a husband of one wife, sober-minded, of good behavior, not covetous, not violent, not greedy, not given to much wine, etc.... Gods Word contained in the Bible teaches that the act of homosexuality is sin also called sexual immorality. I don't want a drunk teaching me Gods word, nor a drug addict, nor a gay. Not because I'm not liberal and not because I think its wrong, no, because Gods perfect Word tells me it's wrong.

I pray for all of us that God shows us the areas in our life that we may fall short of glorifying Him, and that He helps us and strengthens us to repent of such shortcomings. May all things be made perfect in and through you by the love of our Glorious Heavenly Father. With love and good tidings always
C.

5 comments:

**Heidi** said...

Amen to that! I am not going to sit here and point fingers for I know that I have weaknesses and sin but to appoint a homosexual to such a position is ludacris. What is this saying to the people of the world? I believe in God and will preach for him but not obey what he asks of me? I struggle too with finding so much homosexuality on television. I do not want my children to think it is okay but it is coming to be common place in this society, how has this happened? The morals are so twisted these days it scares me. The people in Hollywood don't realize the impact they have on our world with what they put into the minds of our children or maybe they do realize and it doesn't matter to them as long as they make a buck. Being the sheltering mom I tend to monitor closely what my children watch and I still hardly let them on the internet for fear of what they may come across on accident but what about the children that don't have parents who pay diligent attention to what they are doing? I think the exposure is damaging their little minds, breaking down what was once our set of good morals. This is why the country is where it is at this point, allowing things that twenty years ago would have never even been thought of. Anyway, enjoyed your blog once again but must now go and see if K has left one that is more fluff for it is way to early for my mind to be thinking on such serious subjects...don't want to hurt myself.

Timothy said...

Wasn't there a part in Genesis too about a bunch of homos trying to call out 3 angels to rape them? Threatening the guy who was giving them shelter and trying to protect them from the gay mob?

20 years or so ago I think a lot more people would be thinking the same way as us on this topic. Take a look at our country that was founded on Christian ideals and principles, today it's a public sin to say anything against homosexuals. It's become the "cool" or "hip" thing to be gay, though a lot of people still don't want to accept it. 5 or so years ago, I remember the general saying being "Well let them be how they want, as long as they don't try to push it on me or my kids." And look how much that's changed in just 5 years. Heidi pretty much summed it all up really well in her comment.

Today it's all about religion vs Political correctness. It's a mortal sin in the first world today to even bring up how gay sex shortens their lives, and the whole aids thing. I'd make a shoutout question to gays right now like I normally do to neocons or liberals, but I'm pretty fearful to hear what they have to say. After witnessing one out here in CA say "Why would you want fish, when you can have a steak," I had my fill of idiotic .... idiots. Really, what's next? People who have sex with animals? They're people too and deserve their rights, right?? Pedophiles? Hey, they're human too, right?!

Kristy said...

I think the more important question here is, should homosexuals have blogs? Just kidding. You know I love ya!

Kokopelli said...

Thank you for this blog and sharing your thoughts. I whole heartedly agree!

Kokopelli said...

Just wanted to let you know today is the second time I've referenced your blog. I couldn't find an email for you, so I had to mention it here.