Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Unfortunate losses

It's not a new thing to look around at society today or pick up a paper and read of tragedy. One that really touches home to me is people losing their children. I sympathize and feel completely for those parents this tragedy touches, for I know not that I could handle such a loss. I love my girls so much and just couldn't imagine losing them to deaths never ending hunger. Whatever happened to the fairytale life of your kids burying you and not the other way around? It seems so simple, yet many times it does not work out this way.

I am not writing this to try to tell people who may be going through this tough ordeal how to cope or handle it. I merely and prayerfully write this that anyone who may be going through this tragedy may find comfort and hope in my words or in the the words of scripture I may use. As I have stated, I know not that I could go through losing one of my daughters, I fear that that sting of death would be too much. I do not fear my own death, yet I must admit I fear the loss of my wife or kids. I know I should not, for ultimately God is in control, and it is His will that will be done. I would not blame Him or hate Him as I see some have done in such circumstances. I know I see only a tiny piece of the puzzle of which He drew and orchestrated into perfection.

In the sermon on the mount Matthew 5:4 says " Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted." What a thought, those who mourn will be comforted! Comforted by who? The Holy Spirit! It is only natural that a Christian will mourn at some time, we will all lose family members and those we love and hold dear. I urge you though, don't go through that alone. God is there, His shoulder is huge and soft and always there when you need to cry upon it. Call upon Him who knows exactly what you're going through. He sent His own Son to come and die, He heard His own Son say "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me", and He also heard His Son cry "Father, father,why have you forsaken me.?" He knows your pain. Lean on Him.

In the book of Daniel, his friends are to be thrown into the fiery furnace for disobeying the king. Daniel 3:23-25 "And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego,fell down bound in the midst of the burning fiery furnace. Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste and spoke, saying to his counselors,"Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?" They answered and said to the king, "True O King" "Look!" he answered, "I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the forth is like the Son of God""

I wrote out that scripture so we could read and get a powerful message from it. You see even though we may not be spared from the fiery furnace or whatever we may encounter in life, at least we have Jesus, The Son of God there with us going through it. Call on Him now, whether your deep in the fire or actually doing good right now in life. He will meet you where you are.

My prayer is that anyone who does have to go through a difficult loss in life knows Christ and leans on His love and mercy. I would be devastated to lose a child, yet it would be truly unbearable beyond belief without His hand and love in it. May you ever increase in the love of God each day and His abundant grace. With love and good tidings always.
C.

2 comments:

**Heidi** said...

Losing one of my children is my greatest fear...I absolutely can't imagine the pain.

While my grandma was being devoured by cancer I leaned on Jesus to get me through but after she was actually gone I did get mad at Him. The lose was sooo very hard that I got angry and was angry for longer than I would like to admit. I think this was partly because I knew she was not ready or at peace with dying. I didn't know how to live my life without her in it and learning to do so has been the hardest thing I have ever been through. She was the only person that has ever loved me unconditionally and I still ache for her today. The pain has gotten better with time but if I was ever granted one wish another day with her and grandpa would be the absolute best wish in the world. I am thankful for having the blessing of their love in my life for without it I don't know where I would be today and after a long and very lonely time I have realized that living life angry with God is a very lonely place to be.

Kristy said...

Heidi why are you trying to make me cry?!