Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My"100 things about me" list

Many people have invited me to do the 100 things about me list. I wasn't going to, but I did and here it is. Enjoy.

1. God is first in my life.

2. I have a wife I do not deserve.

3. I have 3 great daughters.

4. I really like to read, especially fiction.

5. I am a Chevy guy.

6. Funny thing is, my daily driver is a Jeep.

7. My favorite Old Testament Book is Daniel.

8. My favorite Gospel is Luke.

9. My favorite Epistle is 1 John, Romans, Ephesians, crap all of them.

10. I had a rough dad growing up.

11. I came from a divorced home.

12. My mom and dad are both alive.

13. I had many step-parents and I'm not a fan of step-parents for the most part.

14. I quit high school.

15. I did go back to get my GED.

16. I took classes for welding and became certified.

17. I don't mind working on cars.

18. I am not a hunter.

19. I detest the practice of trapping.

20. I am not a sports fan.

21. I am not a racist.

22. I am not a sexist.

23. I own two handguns.

24. I have delivered pizza to the Amish for 9 years as a second job.

25. I have a bad back.

26. I have to do back exercises every night for the rest of my life.

27. I love my job most of the time. (both of them)

28. I was a vegetarian for about 2 years several years ago. (Best I ever felt!)

29. I have been welding for about 3 years.

30. Gas prices drive me nuts. (natural gas, kerosene, and especially gasoline)

31. I like reading Nicholas Sparks and Richard Paul Evans (that does not make me gay!)

32. I work mostly with a good group of people. (again both jobs)

33. I started a Bible study at lunch break at my welding job and it's been great.

34. I'm a people person.

35. I lost my grandma two years ago and it's the hardest thing I've ever been through.

36. I love animals....not so much cats though, but I would never be mean or anything.

37. I used to paintball a lot.

38. I believe in the Golden Rule (Matthew 7:12.)

39. I would like to go to seminary one day.

40. I have one true brother, same mom and dad.

41. I have one half sister, different dads same mom.

42. I have one half brother, different dads same mom. Met him once, he thought he was Jesus, haven't seen him since.

43. I love trucks.

44. I love all kinds of music, but favor country and Christian rock.

45. I believe in a good work ethic.

46. I'm not into designer brand clothes.

47. I'm glad to have been born and live in the USA.

48. I owe my life to a pastor of a small church in the small town I spent half my childhood in.

49. I'm afraid of heights.

50. I'm terrified of snakes.

51. I don't like any of the presidential nominees.

52. I am a registered republican.

53. I never drink alcohol.

54. My favorite pop is Sunkist.

55. I'm a coffee guy.

56. I try to see the good in all things.

57. I am a horrible typer.

58. I prefer the NKJV or NIV translations of the Bible.

59. My favorite flower is the lily.

60. We gave each of our girls a flower name.

61. I have 7 tattoos and regret them.

62. I am sad Rob and Big is over.

63. First and only time out of the country was Niagara Falls on vacation with wife and our first born when she was a little over one.

64. My role model growing up was my grandpa H.

65. My worst fear is my kids dying before me.

66. I don't live in the greatest neighborhood, but my neighbors are great.

67. My favorite fast food is Taco Bell and Guerne Heights or any dairy food.

68. Favorite home cooked dish is crockpot Jambalaya.

69. Favorite ice cream is tin roof.

70. Smoked for 10 years and quit about 2 years ago.

71. Favorite color is yellow.

72. I enjoy blogging. (Thanks Mandy even though I told you it was gay)

73. I sleep during movies.

74. I want to move out of the city in a few years.

75. I shave my head every other week.

76. I'm part of the evangelistic and outreach committee as well as the educational committee at our church.

77. I love my wife's awesome totally delicious monster cookies.

78. I sing really loud around the house...I admit I'm a bad singer.

79. I have not broken this darn habit of biting my nails.

80. I like singing at church....again, I'm a bad singer.

81. I grill outside in the middle of the winter.

82. I talk really loud in my sleep.

83. I want to take down the Christmas tree the day after Christmas.

84. I love tools.

85. Fall is my favorite time of the year.

86. I have been married to my wife 8 years this fall.

87. I do not like the Easter Bunny.

88. Would still vote for Bush today over John Kerry.

89. I'd like to visit Africa or Australia one day.

90. I prefer used solid furniture over most of the garbage they make these days.

91. I zone out on VH1 shows about 80s hair bands...and I don't even like that music.

92. My wife hates when I have the remote (see 91!)

93. I strongly oppose abortion.

94. I miss walking around the house naked.

95. I don't believe in luck.

96. I can't get my middle daughter to quit coloring everything! Walls, cars, floors, herself and on and on and on.

97. I believe 100% in 2 Timothy 3:16.

98. I like growing flowers around the house, definitely weed! Just kidding about the weed!

99. I used to have my tongue pierced as a teenager.

100. I am glad this is done!

Let me end with saying that it has been great blogging about Christian issues and Our Lord Jesus Christ. It has been fun getting to know all of you who months ago were total strangers to me. I pray that if any of you don't know Christ or have a question about Him or the Bible feel free to ask me in a comment, or e-mail me if that's more comfortable for you.(elmsdad@aol.com) I do not have all the answers, no one truly has all the answers, but I will do all I can to help you find the answer or the Lord if it be His will. May the God of all creation wrap you in His glorious embrace and pour out His abundant love upon you. With love and prayers always.
C.

11 comments:

Cher said...

Yeah . . . you did it! And now we all know more about our new friend.

I must say, I'm surprised the Amish have pizza delivered. Don't know why. Just surprised. What kind do they order, most often?

How did you quit smoking after 10 years? I'd love hubby to quit, but I don't see that happening.

What are your 7 tattoos? Just curious.

THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO DO THIS.

Kokopelli said...

Great! I like #97 best in the Amplified version best.

Gotta make some pumpkin/twinkie things (on a bet) for work, but I'll be back later.

Mandy said...

Yeah, you did it! Now you just need to talk that lovely wife of yours into doing hers!

Kokopelli said...

I was just over at Cheryl's blog, Mandy, where I suggested we join forces to help out Slacker-Stephanie with her 100.

Maybe we should we should help K with her's here?

chros said...

Amish love the all meat pizza and the supreme pizzas (12 toppings). The Amish are just like us in so many ways yet we find it peculiar that they order pizza, I hear it all the time. I quit smoking after my grandma died, completely cold turkey, the only aid I had was prayer and strength given me through that praying. God is great, what else can I say. I have three crazy tribal like tattoos, my dogs footprint, a superman logo, my wifes name in old english and a crazy guy face thats kinda tribal as well. Young and dumb at the time I admit. Best wishes on getting Kristy to do this, she has made it clear to me shes not doing it. Haha. with love and prayers always.
C.

Cher said...

Well, Steph and Kristy have to do this before we can start round #2.

**plotting harassment strategy**

Am I being ruthless?

Cher said...

Well, C, I think I just assumed the Amish didn't eat fast food. Although I know better because hubby has told me they frequent Lem's. But I thought that was just the young kids. I guess I was just surprised to hear they have it delivered. Seems like a 'luxury' the Amish wouldn't indulge in.

I really admire you for quitting smoking cold turkey.

Your tattoos sound interesting. I'm sure there's a reason behind each one.

Anonymous said...

In reference to #28, here are a couple of interesting vegan blogs. One is all about ice-cream. The other (Where's the Revolution) has some interesting recipes, and she lists a bunch of other vegan sites.

I am not a vegetarian, but I do prepare vegan recipes now and then. Everything I've tried has been wonderful, flavorful eating.

Might I ask why you reverted back?

http://veganicecream.blogspot.com/

http://wherestherevolution.blogspot.com/

chros said...

Darn chicken wings (buffalo style). I could not stop craving them. It was and is one of me and my wifes favorite foods. I should have listed that on my blog too. I must admit that my tattoos don't really mean much to me but young ignorance. If I had the money I would probally have them removed. Thats the only plastic surgey I approve of by the way, another thing I should have noted on my list. On the smoking, it was HARD to quit, I won't lie. In my Christian walk I felt I was letting God down by being selfish and continuing to smoke (it is a sin against the temple of God and one of self gratification) instead of allowing Him to give me the strength to quit. I was also letting my family down, how could I ever tell my girls not to smoke while I did? And we all know of the financial and health benefits to quiting, so the answer was clear,I had to quit for God, my family, and me. With love and prayers always, and if your ever in Amish territory, stop in and have one of the best pizzas in Ohio!
C.

Amber said...

That pizza is the best I've ever had, not just the best in Ohio. It rocks. I tell Tim all the time that I want "your dad's pizza."

**Heidi** said...

I'm thinking of doing this...very cool and interesting facts about our loved ones can be learned by doing the 100 things.